Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Strictly speaking, Jet Ski is the trademarked name of a personal watercraft (PWC) produced by the Kawasaki Motor Company, but the term has become a generic name for all types of personal watercraft. It is part water skiing device and part speedboat, with a definite hint of a motorcycle during operation. Instead of the traditional propeller or screw motor, this PWC uses an enclosed gas-powered motor to literally push water out in a jet stream. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
The jet ski operator straddles a central platform and assumes a shock-absorbing posture with knees slightly bent. The motor is electronically started with a toggle switch located in a column in front of the driver. All models should also have a dead man’s switch — a connection between the driver and ignition system that should kill the motor instantly if the driver falls off. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
How it’s like?
Much like a motorcycle, acceleration is provided by a hand-powered throttle located on the right-side grip. By twisting the throttle, the driver can increase power to the motor. Steering requires a combination of pointing the front-mounted grips and maneuvering the body. Unlike a street motorcycle, this personal watercraft often requires significant acceleration to accomplish sharp turns in the water.
The use of a jet ski or any other personal watercraft is often limited by regional or local laws. There may be a helmet, age, and flotation device regulations as well, so owners should always check before putting their PWCs in unfamiliar waters. Speedboats and other large recreational watercraft often cannot avoid collisions with smaller vessels, so drivers must pay attention to their surroundings. Irresponsible actions on a jet ski can also lead to dangerous encounters with swimmers and traditional water skiers. There is also a temptation for some drivers to deliberately drive through the wake of larger boats, which can be hazardous. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne.
In the hands of an experienced driver, a jet ski can provide hours of excitement. Some PWCs can accommodate two or more riders and have enough towing power for inner tubes or water skis. They are also popular with ocean-based lifeguards and rescue squads.
Imagine zipping through azure-blue waters holding tightly with a loved one, over manatees and sharks, under bridges and by white sand beaches. Tampa offers a multitude of saltwater adventures and all you have to do is rent a Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne to take advantage. Florida keeps a loose grip on regulation, but learn the rules so you can squeeze every last drop out of the experience.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 1
Compare prices and locations of local Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental shops. Most shops will list prices by the half-hour and hour on their websites, or you can call around using the phone numbers listed. Ask about early morning rates, which are generally lower than afternoon rates, and if insurance, gas and life jackets are included in the price. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 2
Call the rental shop if you are under 22. Florida requires you to be 18 or older in order to rent a Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne, and those under 22 must take a state certified boating safety test before operating the boat. Most rental shops offer this test for a nominal fee so ask if they do, but if they don’t, ask them to direct you to a testing location.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 3
Check the weather. Tampa features average highs between 70 and 90 degrees so it will usually be warm enough, but it also storms a lot, especially in the summer. Make sure your day out on the water is full of the sun instead of heavy rains and the wind.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 4
Make a reservation through your favorite rental shop’s website or over the phone.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 5
Plan your excursion. Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne usually rent by the hour, so planning your tour of the Tampa waters ahead of time is cost efficient. Local Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne clubs keep blogs about their favorite adventures which serve as an ideal resource.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 6
Arrive at the rental shop early. There may be a quick safety demonstration before you are allowed on the water.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 7
Pay for the rental and deposit. Carefully read any paperwork and sign.
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne STEP 8
Put your safety jacket on and attach the engine cutoff switch lanyard to your person (if equipped), then have at it. Observe rules and regulations, such as no-wake zones and speed limits. Watch out for abandoned and moored ships just underneath the water’s surface — a problem in the Tampa area. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS when renting a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Q: I’ve never ridden a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne before, is it easy?
A: Yes. Our staff will provide complete and thorough instructions prior to your rental. We rent to thousands of “first timers” every year ranging from teenagers to athletes, to seniors.
Q: Are jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne stable, can they tip over?
A: Modern jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne are very stable; you can stand on one side without flipping the jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne over. Extra passengers may increase the risk of tipping over or falling off, but ultimately safe control rests with the driver. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Q: How old do you have to be to rent/drive a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne?
A: State law requires a person to be at least 18 years old to rent a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne, 14 years old to operate, and passengers can be any age. Those born on or after Jan. 1st, 1988 may require a Florida Boating Permit to drive. We can issue temporary permits at our location. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Q: Do we have to wear life jackets when using a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne?
A: Yes, life jackets are required by law and are provided with your rental at no extra charge. We have all sizes from infant to XXXL and everywhere in between.
Q: Can we switch drivers in a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne?
A: People on the same Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne can switch from driver to passenger at any time throughout the rental. The jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne are stable and this can be done very easily.
Q: What is the best time to rent a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne?
A: The earlier the better. Mornings start off slow and progressively get busier as the day goes on, with peak times early to late afternoon.
Q: How much do you charge for gas and tax?
A: Our regular rental rates, listed below, are per Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne. Total price includes gas, taxes and tour guides.
Renting a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne can be a fun experience and also a costly one. There are some important steps to make sure that your Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental experience is fun and safe at the same time. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne Rental Tips:
CLEARWATER BEACH JET SKI MIAMI BEACH KEY BISCAYNE RENTAL
- In the busy summer months, you may want to start looking to rent a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne before you go on vacation to make sure that your desired jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental time and date is available for you and your party.
- Some Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental companies charge a fee for taking the boater’s test. Only in certain cases, including age, is a test even required. There should only be a State of Florida minimum fee for administering the test, don’t over pay.
- There is an age requirement for the jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne operators, please inquire before booking.
- Bring your credit card so that you can leave a security deposit when you rent your jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne.
- You will need to sign a contract. Please read the contract carefully to ensure that you understand the liabilities that you and the renter have to one another.
- Make sure you understand the price per hour or per tour and how the company intends on charging late returns for the Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne.
- Look at their equipment and inspect it by yourself
- Also look at the rental employees and think about their professionalism using Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne.
- Choose a professional when renting jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne in Miami Beach Key Biscayne.
More jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne tips:
- If you decide to rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne along the River Walk, where, admittedly, the jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne are more expensive than if you were to go across the river to Bullhead City, Share jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne whenever possible among those in your group.
- Look over the contract. Is there a severe penalty for returning the Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne late? For example, is there a $2 per minute charge that “kicks in” at 5:00 PM? If so, you need to take all necessary precautions to not let the time “get away from you.”
- Don’t sign a “blank credit card slip,” even if told, “this is how all the local jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental shops do it.”
- If you are new to Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne, or new to Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne during a 120-degree summer day, rather than rent a jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne for the whole day, consider a shorter 3 or 4-hour rental would be best for your first time. The summer sun and extreme heat can really wear you out.
Don’t go all macho on DAY ONE. Although it might be fun to spin circles as fast as you can or to race full-throttle over choppy water on a windy day, it’s probably not the smartest decision if you are new to these powerful Personal Water Craft. Take it easy on the throttle at first —especially if you have one or more riders on the seat behind you. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
- There is a concentration of Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne rental operations all “clumped together” on the Bullhead City side of the river. Yes, they have the best prices, but make sure you are comparing “like ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne” with those jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne offered on rentals. Do your research. There are a couple “out of the way rental operations” (i.e.
On the Arizona side of the bridge instead of right) that tend to cater to regular, repeat Laughlin visitors and some claim they have better-maintained jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne and offer better overall service.
- Check that you are being charged the right sales tax amount for Laughlin or Bullhead City. Some have complained that some operators “sneak in few extra percentage points.” In 2014, Laughlin NV Sales Tax is 8.10% and Bullhead City AZ Sales Tax is 7.85%.
- The least expensive rental shop may not be your best choice. That’s just a “given” in all sectors of commerce.
- Ask about buying gas on the river or lake. Do they mind? Where? What are your options? If you have a “Tow-N-Go” on a trailer you can gas up the jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne at a gas station on the return trip. It will likely cost you less than the operator’s per gallon charges AND it will eliminate another “bone of contention” that is common in the rental industry: the operator charging you an $80 gas charge and your incredulity at the charge or the quantity of fuel consumed.
Don’t run out of gas!
Who’s going to save you? If you’ve been running hard for 3 straight hours in your jet ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne, maybe it’s time to make a gas run… A call to the rental shop may end up with you being rescued way down the river, but that retrieval fee might be north of a hundred bucks. Rent Jet Ski Miami Beach Key Biscayne
Miami Beach •Key Largo •South Beach • Miami Gardens Aventura • Bal Harbour • Bay Harbor Islands • Biscayne Park • Carol City • Coral Gables • Cutler Bay • Cutler Ridge • Doral • El Portal • Fisher Island • Florida City • Golden Beach • Hialeah • Hialeah Gardens • home Coral Gables stead • Indian Creek • Islandia • Key Biscayne • Medley • Miami •Key Largo •South Beach • Miami Lakes • Miami Shores • Miami Springs • Naranja • North Bay Village • North Miami • North Miami Beach • Ojus • Opa-Locka • Palmetto Bay • Perrine • Pinecrest • Pinecrest / Monroe Co. • South Miami • Sunny Isles • Surfside • Sweetwater • Universal Park • Virginia Gardens • West Miami •Key Largo •South Beach